The 40th Anniversary Celebration raises funds for Mental Health Advocacy Services (MHAS), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect and advance the legal rights of children and adults with mental disabilities, in order to maximize autonomy, promote equality, and secure the resources needed to thrive in the community. The event will include a reception, silent auction, and awards presentation.
When: 12:00pm-1:00pm (PST), Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Learn about federal and state mental health parity laws and how to appeal the denial of coverage. Webinar by Nancy Shea, senior attorney at MHAS.
When: 10:30am-1:00pm, Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Where: First United Methodist Church of Pasadena, Great Hall, 500 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, 91101
Do you have questions about:
- A child’s problems in school
- Special education
- Landlord/tenant or other housing problems
- Medi-Cal, SSI, or SSDI benefits
- Other public benefits
- Conservatorship, mental health law, or family member with mental health disabilities
- Or another legal problem?
At this clinic, MHAS volunteers and attorneys will provide consultation and information. Bring any documents relating to your question. Call to make an appointment: 213-389-2077 ext. 12 – ask for Pam. Priority will be given to people with appointments, but drop-ins are welcome.
When: 2:00pm-3:00pm, Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Where: Fellowship Hall, First United Methodist Church of Pasadena, 500 E. Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena 91101
Co-sponsored by Pasadena Tenants Union.
- What fair housing laws are all about
- Who fair housing laws protect
- What kinds of accommodations are reasonable
- How accommodations should be requested
- How landlords and tenants must negotiate about accommodations
- What is a reasonable modification
Light refreshments will be provided. Although it is not required, please RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
News, events, summer law clerks and more.
Feb. 9, 2017: FAIR HOUSING SURVEY
Share your experiences and opinions about fair housing. Participate in the 2017 Fair Housing Survey for the City and County of Los Angeles.