Medi-Cal Assistance Numbers

Download PDF

Are you uninsured and want to find out if you qualify for Medi-Cal?

If you would like to see if you qualify for Medi-Cal health insurance in Los Angeles County Service Areas 4, 5, 6, or 8, Mental Health Advocacy Services (MHAS) can help you apply.

Call Mental Health Advocacy Services: 213-389-2077.

Do you need to check the status of an existing Medi-Cal case or application?

If you have already applied for Medi-Cal, you can check the status of your existing Medi-Cal benefits or your pending application by phone.

Call LA County DPSS Healthcare Reform Call Center: 800-578-6762.

Do you have Medi-Cal and need to enroll in or change your managed care plan?

First, find out which Medi-Cal managed care plan your doctor or hospital of choice will accept. Then, call California’s Health Care Options to enroll in or change your Medi-Cal plan.

Call Health Care Options: 800-430-4263.

Were you denied Medi-Cal? Were your Medi-Cal benefits reduced?

You have a right to a fair hearing and to continue receiving services while you wait for your hearing, but you must call and request a hearing right away. Ask that your services continue while you wait for a hearing.

Call the California Department of Social Services: 800-952-5253.

Do you need a Medi-Cal Benefits Identification Card, also called a BIC?

If you have not received your BIC or have lost it, call DPSS to obtain a replacement or go to your local DPSS office to request a replacement. You may need to update your address if you have moved. If you are approved for Medi-Cal, you can obtain services from your provider even if you do not currently have your card.

Call LA County DPSS Customer Service: 866-613-3777.

Do you need health insurance, but cannot get Medi-Cal because of your immigration status?

First, be sure to ask MHAS about Medi-Cal, because certain immigrants may still qualify. If you have already been evaluated for Medi-Cal, you can contact My Health LA to ask about its low-cost network of care providers for low-income individuals regardless of immigration status.

Call My Health LA Member Services: 844-744-6452.

Who else can provide healthcare information, advocacy, and troubleshooting?

If you need additional assistance with Medi-Cal issues: Call Health Consumer Center: 800-896-3202 or Maternal & Child Health Access: 213-749-4261. If you have questions about Medicare:

Call the Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP): 800-434-0222.